The coronavirus pandemic has hampered people's lives and well-being around the world. Though the cases have reduced now as compared to the initial stages, the COVID-19 pandemic is not yet over. It is still very essential to follow the necessary guidelines to keep yourself healthy and fit.
The government has relaxed the lockdown rules to a great extent, and with people resuming their day-to-day lives, COVID-19 can spread significantly. Therefore, it is essential to be extra cautious.
Here are some precautions you can follow to fight this virus –
Coronavirus tips for public places
People have been following various practices to stay safe from the coronavirus and have made them a part of their day to day lives. One of the essential things that you should never forget is to wear a mask while heading out of the house. Wearing a mask is necessary as it can protect you and prevent you from spreading this virus.
Cleaning your hands from time to time is also crucial. So, wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. Keeping a sanitizer handy is a good habit too, especially if you are out and cannot wash your hands frequently.
When in public, ensure that you follow social distancing norms. Stay at least 6 feet away from other people.
Coronavirus tips for going to restaurants
Many restaurants have resumed their operations and are now allowing dine-in options. Here are some precautionary measures that you should keep in mind and follow while going to restaurants.
- Eat on the patio: It is advisable to consider a restaurant that has an outdoor space. The recirculation of virus-laden droplets is significantly less outdoors than indoors.
- Call for a reservation: Restaurants have to take drastic steps to meet social distancing norms. Many decent restaurants have a reservation policy to avoid unnecessary crowding. It is also advisable to visit the restaurant at off-peak hours as the risk of exposure will be less due to the limited crowd.
- Consider take-out or delivery: This is the safest option as you avoid contact with other people and reduce your exposure to the virus.
Coronavirus tips for travel
It is still risky to travel, as some modes of transportation have high coronavirus exposure. Yet, you can have a safe travel experience if you follow some safety measures.
Before planning your travel, it is advisable to check the travel restrictions of your destination. Many state and local governments have rules where visitors have to quarantine themselves for a specific period. While traveling, ensure to wear a mask, sanitize your hands regularly, and follow all social distancing norms to stay safe from the virus.
Coronavirus tips for grocery shopping
Here are some helpful tips you can follow to stay safe while shopping for groceries.
- Designate one person from a family as a regular shopper
- Make a shopping list to limit the time you spend in the store
- Avoid window shopping and directly buy what you need
- Wear masks
- Wear gloves
- Sanitize the shopping cart if required
- Maintain a 6-feet distance from others
- Sanitize your hands before and after shopping
- Pick up items from the back of the shelf
- Shop during off-peak hours
- Avoid using cash for payments (use noncontact payment modes)
Today anything and everything is available online. Therefore, it is advisable to consider shopping for groceries online as it is the best way to stay safe from coronavirus.
Coronavirus tips for going to the gym
While working out in a gym, you are at risk of being exposed to a stew of sweat and respiratory droplets. You can also come in contact with people gasping heavily, sneezing, etc. that can elevate the risk of transmission. Here are a few preventative measures that can keep you safe while working out at the gym.
- Check the guidelines of the gym
- Wear a mask and gloves wherever possible
- Stay at a minimum distance of 6 feet from others
- Bring your towel and water bottle
- Clean the gym equipment before and after using it
Coronavirus tips for going to back-to-school
As schools reopen, here are some things students can keep in mind:
- Sanitize your desk each morning before sitting
- Carry your food and eat your lunch outside in an open ground
- Avoid touching surfaces around the school
- Use a spray sanitizer to clean the toilet before using it
- Wear a mask through the day
Taking preventative measures is extremely necessary to curb the transmission of this virus. Maintaining good hygiene, following social distancing norms, wearing masks, etc. are vital steps that you should follow and encourage others to do the same to prevent community transmission.
As you do not know when this pandemic will end, it is advisable to buy COVID insurance too. Many health insurance plans provide a COVID cover, so buy a plan that offers you optimum protection.
Arogya Sanjeevani Policy and Lifeline Health Insurance from Royal Sundaram are two such insurance plans that offer significant health coverage for COVID along with other benefits.